We currently have the following positions available:
- Editor/s (1-2 positions): manage team of writers, approve/assign story pitches, edit content, update editorial calendar, work on weekly deadlines, communicate with writers and managing editor weekly
- Columnists (1+ positions): pitch column ideas, write at least one column per week, keep in close communication with editor, meet weekly deadlines (sections available: fashion, foodie, dating, DIY)
- Social Media Contributor/s (1-2 positions): manage a CG Mizzou social media site, post daily on your assigned social media site, post creative and innovative content, communicate closely with Social Media Manager
- Social Media Manager (1 position): oversee Social Media Contributors and all CG Mizzou social media sites, post to social media sites as needed, post creative and innovative content, communicate with contributors
- Photo Editor (1 position): oversee photo assignments for articles, communicate with photographers, edit photos as needed (lighting, etc.), communicate with graphic designer and managing editor
- Graphic Designer/s (1-2 positions): design fliers, marketing materials, press passes and website content; create unique visuals to accompany articles, communicate frequently with photo editor and managing editor
And as always, we are happy to accept people for the following positions:
- Contributing Writer: pitch and write articles about fashion, beauty, entertainment, etc. as desired, communicate frequently with your assigned editor, submit articles by deadline
- Photographer: take photographs as desired to accompany articles, communicate frequently with photo editor and managing editor, assemble photo stories or packages
All contributors also must attend mandatory weekly meetings Tuesdays at 8 p.m. in Strickland 116 unless he/she has an excused conflict.
Prior experience is recommended but not required. Both undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Missouri-Columbia are eligible to apply.
The fall semester will run from September 9 through December 5. All positions are unpaid; however, they are a great way to build your portfolio.
To apply, please email Liz at email@example.com and ask for an application. All applications must be submitted by September 16 at the latest.