MICROWAVE MONKEY BREAD
Start to finish: five minutes (cooking time: one minute and 20 seconds)
Image: Jennifer Beatty
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- 8 tsp of sugar
- 1 can of refrigerated or frozen pizza dough, room temperature
1. Fill a plastic microwave-safe dish with water, so that the bottom of the dish is covered in about one centimeter (0.4 inches) of water. Add the vanilla extract, half the cinnamon and half the sugar. Stir.
2. Microwave uncovered for 10 seconds. Continue microwaving for 15 more seconds.
3. Break off a quarter-sized piece of the pizza dough and roll it into a small ball. Roll the ball in the water, which should be warm but not hot. Place the ball of dough in the plastic dish. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
4. Microwave uncovered for one minute and 20 seconds.
5. Pour out any excess water. You can save it if you want a glaze. Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon and sugar on top of the bread. Let the bread rest for one-to-two minutes because it will be hot!
This recipe was adapted from here.
By: Jennifer Beatty